"Grammar is an essential tool for success in school, work, and life. We are judged, sometimes quite severely, by the words we use and the way we use them in our speaking and writing. Our spoken and written words can betray us. They reflect our background, education, and ability to communicate."
Choose your words, especially in writing, carefully. When communicating with professionals, many scouts, coaches, and agents will not respond to you if you send them a message in which you do not use proper spelling and grammar.
Monitor your social media posts as well. If you are cursing, using improper grammar, and spelling words incorrectly, you come across as lacking discipline and do not look like a professional.
Frequency of contact is also very important. Do not annoy coaches, agents, and scouts with repeated messages. These are extremely busy people that you are dealing with that have to deal with possibly hundreds of messages a day. Not to mention, most have family and kids. If they DO respond to your message, respond back in a timely manner.
Remember that you are not talking casually to your buddies; you are essentially dealing with business professionals in hopes of employment. Effective communication is key in any business relationship!
Video of the Day:
Match preparation and recovery via Nike Academy:
- Have fun with the ball for 5-10 minutes before starting.
- 2 Mile Run - Continue to build pace and open up your stride.
- Dynamic Warm Up
- 3000 Touches & Footwork - 1500 Right, 1500 Left - Dribble & juggle, practice turning with all surfaces of your feet, build your confidence on the ball, keep the ball close to your body, maintain control of the ball. Focus on your footwork, ability to change direction quickly, sprint with the ball at your feet, and balance throughout. This is all meant to work on your touch and comfort on the ball. Whether the ball is in the air or on the floor, develop your touch and ability to control the ball. Most importantly, be creative and have fun!
- 300 Core, 125 Push-Ups - Any combination exercises adding up to 300 ab reps and 125 push-ups. Intervals of 25 per exercise work great.
- Have fun with the ball for 10-15 minutes before cooling down - This is the perfect time to practice set-pieces and shooting.
- Cool Down & Static Stretching - Take this seriously! This is the first step in your recovery process and preparation for the next training session.
- This is just your individual training for the day. This is meant to supplement your existing training schedule and team training. If you are not currently training daily with a team, you should be looking for pick-up games or a group of talented, determined, and disciplined players that you can train with.
Make sure that you are eating healthy. Proper daily nutrition and overall body maintenance is key to your performance and recovery.
If you have any questions, please message me.
To learn more about IMPAJKT SC, click here.