“"It's easier to act your way into good thinking than it is to think your way into good action." -Bill Gove
Champions don't let feelings get in their way. People operating low levels of awareness are always getting ready to get started toward their goals. The poverty class is going to find work soon; the working class is getting ready to move up from night shift to day shift; the middle class is going to start working on that graduate degree one of these days. All have good intentions, but they are always waiting for a better time to begin. They are waiting for their emotions to motivate them to action, and as a result, they become slaves to their feelings.
Champions are masters of their emotions, and they know that waiting to feel like taking action is a losing proposition. They believe that there is never a better time to get started than today. They dream of the future while firmly rooted in the present.
Make a commitment to get started today, and continue the commitment for the next 30 days, regardless of whether you feel like it or not.
Video of the Day:
Throw-Back Thursday = Old-School Pele!
- Have fun with the ball for 5-10 minutes before starting
- 2 Mile Run (Continue to build pace and open up your stride)
- Dynamic Warm Up
- 3000 Touches - 1500 Right, 1500 Left (dribble & juggle, practice turning with all surfaces of your feet, build your confidence on the ball, keep the ball close to your body, maintain control of the ball)
- 300 Core, 125 Push-Ups - Any combination exercises adding up to 300 ab reps and 125 push-ups. Intervals of 25 per exercise work great. For push-up variations from Diesel Strength & Conditioning, click here.
- Have fun with the ball for 10-15 minutes before cooling down (This is the perfect time to practice set-pieces, free kicks, corners, and penalties.)
- Cool Down & Static Stretching (Take this seriously! This is the first step in your recovery process and preparation for the next training session.)
This is just your individual training for the day. This is meant to supplement your existing training schedule and team training. If you are not currently training daily with a team, you should be looking for pick-up games or a group of talented, determined, and disciplined players that you can train with.
Make sure that you are eating healthy. Proper daily nutrition and overall body maintenance is key to your performance and recovery.
If you have any questions, please message me.
To learn more about IMPAJKT SC, click here.