"Professional athletes are in many ways our cultures holy men: they give themselves over to a pursuit, endure great privation and pain to actualize themselves at it, and enjoy a relationship to perfection that we admire, reward, and love to watch, even though we have no desire to walk that road ourselves. In other words, they do it for "us", sacrifice themselves for our (we imagine) redemption." -David Foster Wallace
Video of the Day:
Although this video is based on a different sport, the principles, discipline, and determination portrayed by professional bodybuilder Kai Greene translates and is relevant to all professional athletes. Watch Parts 2 & 3 of the video on your own time.
- Have fun with the ball for 5-10 minutes before starting.
- Dynamic Warm Up
- 10 Minute Run - Incorporate side shuffle, back-peddle, and diagonal movements.
- 3000 Touches & Footwork - 1500 Right, 1500 Left - Dribble & juggle, practice turning with all surfaces of your feet, build your confidence on the ball, keep the ball close to your body, maintain control of the ball. Focus on your footwork,ability to change direction quickly, sprint with the ball at your feet, and balance throughout. This is all meant to work on your touch and comfort on the ball. Whether the ball is in the air or on the floor, develop your touch and ability to control the ball. Most importantly, be creative and have fun!
- 300 Core, 125 Push-Ups - Any combination exercises adding up to 300 ab reps and 125 push-ups. Intervals of 25 per exercise work great.
- Have fun with the ball for 10-15 minutes before cooling down - This is the perfect time to practice set-pieces and shooting.
- Cool Down & Static Stretching - Take this seriously! This is the first step in your recovery process and preparation for the next training session.
- This is just your individual training for the day. This is meant to supplement your existing training schedule and team training. If you are not currently training daily with a team, you should be looking for pick-up games or a group of talented, determined, and disciplined players that you can train with.
Make sure that you are eating healthy. Proper daily nutrition and overall body maintenance is key to your performance and recovery.
If you have any questions, please message me.
To learn more about IMPAJKT SC, click here.